The rules are created by the program staff and are as follows:
- No weapons, including firearms, simulated weapons (i.e. nerf guns), knives, or other devices intended for bodily harm.
- No illegal drugs, tobacco products, marijuana in any form, e-cigs (vaping) or alcohol are permitted.
- Do not leave Willamette University Campus without permission.
- No fraternization with the opposite sex.
- Attend all functions and keep the schedule.
- Dress in the Boys State uniform at all times*.
- Any damage done by you to the University, Legion or others personal property is your responsibility.
- Sexual harassment and/or hazing of any kind is not tolerated.
*After hours is defined as 11PM to 7AM.
Critical -- Read this!Rules are not subject to negotiation, change, or disobedience. Any exceptions to these rules must be authorized by the Director of Boys State. Citizens who are found to be in violation of one or more rules shall be reported to the Director. The consequences for breaking a rule can lead to dismissal and being sent home.
Citizen SafetyThe safety of the citizens is our top priority. As such, please carefully observe and adhere to the following rules and procedures:
- Citizens who bring vehicles need to register them with Boys State and surrender their keys for the duration of the week. The American Legion Boys State assumes no liability for theft, damage, or loss to vehicles brought to Boys State.
- Visitors must register with the Director and are accepted only when activities are not going on, or if alternate arrangements have been made in advance.
- Alert the Director and/or Boys State Medical Officer of any possible allergies, medical or psychiatric conditions, medications or any other impairments or different abilities or needs you may have immediately upon arrival at Boys State. We will make every effort to accommodate your needs.
- Prescription and non-prescription medications must be in their original containers with the citizen’s name AND the pharmacist or manufacturer instructions on the label. For the safety of all citizens, all medications need to be surrendered to the Medical Officer, who will supervise dispensing of prescription medication according to the prescription.
- Immediately report any injuries or accidents to the Director or Medical Officer